The meatloaf recipe with oatmeal is one of the best meal you can have for dinner, because oats are an excellent source of manganese and molybdenum, plus a nice meatloaf, your family will always ask for more.
First will state the ingredients needed for meatloaf with oatmeal and then fill you with a detailed preparation;
• 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
• 3/4 cup Quaker Oats
• 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/2 cup catsup
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. You clean your oven, then heat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly, so the ingredients can blend in well.
3. Then nicely with a brush put the little olive oil on the beef, so it would not be dry, then wait a few minutes so the oil could soak in the beef.
4. Then put the coated beef in the oven to bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160°F for beef, 170°F for turkey), until not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
5. Then when it’s ready we wait for 5 minutes before slicing. To make it cool off a bit.
6. Put the mixture into a loaf and place it in the middle of a roast pan to cook, for 15 – 20 minutes.
7. The grease/liquid on the pan should be drained off . [Checkout; Baked Chicken recipe]
8. then covered the meatloaf with 1/2 cup of grated onion, followed by 1 cup of (Heinz) ketchup mixed with 4T of brown sugar, 4T vinegar, 2T Worchestershire Sauce.
9. Then heat mixed ingredients but do not boil. So you can spoon over each piece of meat loaf.
You can keep leftovers in your refrigerator for close to a week or more.. have a lovely meal.
Read; My Meatloaf Secrets}